Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Worst Joke

Today as I was speaking with a co-worker he said something that most of us probably would have said. It made me realize that each of us need to pay more attention to what we say to eachother. He said "I am dying of cell phone cancer". Well the words dying and cancer are not funny to me, especially when put together. I was not offended or mean to him, as some people may have been. I laughed it off, because I know I have probably said something that insensitive to others, without thinking. Each of us need to challenge ourselves to think before we talk. The saying "Be slow to speak and quick to listen" needs to be in the front of all of our minds.

This has been a hard week on me. At the end of last week Chad, my mom, and I traveled to visit my brother. This trip was difficult. I guess I didn't know just how difficult it was until I got home. I know I teared up a few times when we were there on Thursday, especially when I went to the "doctor" with my brother. He seemed frail and that's not the brother I know. I know his body is going through a lot right now and I expected what I saw, it just hit me sitting in that office. It's a good thing I had sunglasses on! I had fun playing games and hanging out with John when he felt up to it. I caught up on a lot of sleep while John was not feeling so well. It wasn't an eventful trip, but it meant a lot to me. Once I got home I realized how much I miss being around my brother. Even when he is so sick, we have fun together. We can still make each other smile and laugh even through the hard times.

I want to update everyone on my mother in law. The mass they found in her breast ended up being nothing to worry about. Huge PRAISE for that! She is doing very well and we couldn't be happier.

Chad is an amazing husband. He fought his fear of flying and took that trip with me. He loves my brother and as soon as he heard John say he wanted Chad to come too he was taking time off and booking a flight. Chad is so calm about everything. If John wants to share, Chad will listen. Chad doesn't push for information, like us girls did. I think John appreciates that. Chad treats him normal and I KNOW he needs that.

Chad and I have been through so much the last couple weeks with my dad having surgery, visiting my brother, worrying about his mom, and me being sick (of course, I get a flare up the day we are leaving for Orlando). I don't know how I could make it through all of this without him by my side. I could never repay him for the love and support he has always shown me through my families illnesses. I have saved and saved the past few weeks and have made reservations to take Chad to his favorite restaurant - St. Elmo's. He deserves so much more, but I am happy that I can at least do that for him. He has been my rock for the last 5 years and I could never repay that. I just pray God keeps giving Chad patience to deal with my sickness, loss of energy, and emotions dealing with my dad and brother.

As I always do, I am ending asking for prayer. My dad and brother both need strength, determination, and healing to get through this time. I also pray for healing for myself as I need to get healthy to help out my boys! Prayer for my mom to stay strong. Prayer for Chad to continue possessing this great patience he has with me and the love he shows me everyday. Prayers for all our family and friends to keep showing us your love and devotion. It's amazing to see how much we mean to each of you and I can't think everyone enough for their prayers and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment