Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Surprise!!

Last weekend was great. I got to spend Friday night, Saturday night, and part of Sunday with my brother. I loved seeing him happy, playing cards, and hanging out with family and friends. It was just like the old days. Sunday I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with them, John was really tired from the weekend events, but just knowing he was there felt great!! It was bitter sweet. It was great having John and Cat home to see whenever I pleased, but seeing them leave was one of the hardest thing I have done in a while. It generally doesn’t affect me when they leave. With John being sick, it’s hard to see him go, I don’t know when the next time I will be seeing him is. That’s hard! I think a lot of you would agree, we all want them to move home. All of the love and support they get from us would be greater if they were here to feel it more. I miss my best friend.

I have been sick for the last few weeks, from my crohn’s. The stress has really gotten to me. In this time I have realized that my house does not have to be perfect and spotless every time someone walks in the door. I don’t have a lot of energy and I would rather spend it sitting at the kitchen table with my husband while he has dinner, than vacuuming and mopping every day. I keep the house picked up, but spotless is not necessary. I will get to the dusting, when I feel like it. We live in our home and I don’t have to be ashamed of that. It’s a relief to be able to do this, I don’t have to worry about being perfect and I love it. Side note – Chad hasn’t noticed one bit. I really think I only did it for myself!

Our lovely neighbors were a HUGE stress relief yesterday. I got home from work, ready to clean, and to my surprise Nicole and baby Tyler were in their front yard. I gave up the cleaning and went to sit under their tree and talk for a bit. It felt great! We decided that when the guys got home we were going to go on a walk. We went our separate ways, ate dinner, I cleaned a little, and we met back in the driveway for a little stroll. Walking with these two is not the same as just Chad and I. They know EVERYONE! It’s hilarious. We really enjoy their company and I know it’s good for us to get out there with great people. It always leaves us feeling better when we are with them.

We have a lot of plans for this weekend and I pray my crohn’s doesn’t screw it up. We plan to do a lot of landscaping in the backyard. Once the backyard is done I am transporting the plants from the front to the back. I don’t know exactly what I will do in the front, but hopefully it’s better than it is now. The plants I have upfront are just not right for the space. I can’t wait to get our house DONE! I mean landscaping, painting, decorating. We have been here three years and it’s still not finished, it drives me nuts!! We want to get the landscape done before it gets too hot. This summer on the too hot days, when you don’t want to go outside, we plan on finishing the painting. My official goal is to have everything completed by Thanksgiving, when Chad’s mom will be coming to town for the first time 1.5 years.

Please pray for my brother, dad, mom, Chad, Cat, and me. We need all the support we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment