Monday, July 12, 2010

And it keeps on going....

I have had a pretty good weekend after my small breakdown on Friday. Saturday we had a great time at Justin and Jessica's wedding. We were surrounded by great people and HIGHLY entertained! These people are hilarious! Sunday was followed by a GREAT church service. Sometimes I think they just won't give up until I am fully crying. It was amazing though. It was like God was responding to all of heartache on Friday.

"You don't have to be perfect, that's what grace is for. You just have to try." - Fred Rodkey

This statement was the most freeing statement I had heard all weekend. It was like God was saying it didn't matter what people here on earth thought about me. 1) God always loves me. 2) If I screw up, he forgives me. 3) Even if people here don't know, God always knows where my heart is. He knows that I never want to hurt anyone and that I want to do good in all things.

After church we had family and friends over at our house and had a great evening.

At lunch today, Dad called and said he would come over for dinner tomorrow. He told me that he and Vicki went to Dairy Queen yesterday. It warmed my heart to hear that he is getting out of the house and doing so well. He said all of his stitches and wounds seem to be healing great. He sounded very excited.

Then, it happened... My mother-in-law called to let us know that she was taken to the hospital today. My heart just dropped. I really didn't know what to say, I was shocked. She told me that she had chest pains throughout the night and today. They are running tests to see if she is or was about to have a heart attack. I told her that we love her and asked her to keep us updated. I feel bad we are so far away. I would love to leave and go be with her. I immediately called Chad to let him know. We are both on edge and waiting for an updated. I know we both feel so helpless. Praying is the best thing we can do, and we are definitely doing it.

I can feel myself being pulled thin again. There are ways for me to stay healthy and be ready to help the family. I am going to concentrate on staying healthy and alert for all of our family!

Please continue to pray for my brother, my dad, my mother in law, my mom, Chad, and I. We need all the strength we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment